The consultant will identify and/or maintain key environmental, recycling and industry relationships to advance the Keurig Green Mountain’s environmental sustainability agenda including the near-term acceptance of polypropylene (PP) containers at curbside and the long-term strategy of stimulating the end markets and recovery for polypropylene. The consultant will contribute to the evolution of the engagement strategy and own execution of the strategy.
What you will do:
Execution of the strategy includes but is not limited to the following:
- Representation to and leadership within industry forums and collaborations. Attends forums, builds relationships, gathers information to determine what the team needs to do to change in order to keep up with trends in the market and meet Keurig 2020 goals and annual targets.
- Ensure connectivity between and among environmental impact areas and all associated projects and programs, including consistent metrics management and reporting.
- Flow and optimization testing for plastic recycling to establish and expand recovery baseline, enable recovery goal setting and meet/exceed recovery goals over 2020+ time horizon. Complete tests to track product and packaging through recycling centers and analyze the results.
- Secure 3rd party endorsement via recyclability testing and engagement. Engaging with 3rd parties around test results and analysis for wide acceptance and continual improvement.
- Support standardized community recycling programs and communication via partners.
- Establish and manage relationships for Keurig use of post-consumer recycled content across the product portfolio.
- Provide timely and accurate communications content to Sustainability, Communications, Partner and PR teams.
What you must have:
- Minimum 10 years work experience
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred. Flexibility on the discipline
- Aptitude at navigating a matrix environment in order to facilitate response/action
- Passionate about our social and environmental mission.
- A team player, with the ability to work well across different organizational boundaries at all levels of the organization
- Ability to follow Keurig policies and procedures as well as our Values
Keurig is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Offers of employment are contingent upon satisfactory completion of a reference check, background check, drug/alcohol test, and documented proof of work authorization. In addition, some roles require a pre-employment medical examination to determine your ability to perform the essential duties of the job.
Please submit appplications through the Keurig Green Mountain career site by visiting https://gmcr.taleo.net/careersection/jobdetail.ftl?job=1700717&lang=en
Job Number: 1700717