International Ingredient Corporation (IIC) is a private corporation, specializing in manufacturing animal feed and pet food ingredients. Headquartered in St. Louis, MO, IIC employs over 200 people and operates 9 domestic facilities. Major customers include feed manufacturers, pet food manufacturers, livestock and poultry integrators, and feed importers and distributors in Central America, Canada, Asia and Europe.
IIC also provides sustainable, global food waste management services company working for CPG manufacturing partners to divert waste away from landfill to be recycled into animal feed. Sustainably delivering annual productivity gains and uninterrupted service, with full scale reporting on recycling certifications, tracking, and traceability; we provide long term, turnkey, and sustainable solutions that the world's largest CPG companies rely on to keep them at the forefront of the industry’s food waste reduction initiatives.
IIC is built around a highly-respected team of animal feed industry experts in science and technology that help us innovate new recycling solutions for various food byproduct streams, turning manufacturing site food waste into value-added animal feed ingredients. Last year IIC sustainably recycled over 600 Million pounds in our facilities, and sustainably managed an additional 400 Million pounds through third party service providers for several global CPG companies.
Develop and manage strategic relationships with CPG food manufacturers at headquarter and plant levels to drive growth of IIC’s Sustainable Solutions initiative. Facilitate all activities associated with the purchasing process of byproducts that support IIC’s manufacturing process. Coordinate third party relationships with recycling service providers to manage additional byproduct waste streams, including operations planning and logistics, transportation, contract management, invoicing and reporting.
- Develop and maintain relationships with strategic accounts, supporting sustainability, financial, and operational efficiency goals, within targeted strategic verticals (confections, meats, snacks & bakery, etc.).
- Innovate Sustainable Solutions suite of products & services in the area of byproduct waste stream management.
- Develop and execute monthly sustainability reporting to strategic customers, supporting Zero Waste to Landfill initiatives at all accounts.
- Perform periodic business reviews with customer HQ locations, and travel to manufacturing sites to provide on-site problem solving and best practice sharing.
- Develop and maintain relationships with strategic service partners such as dried bakery, recycling, rendering, solid waste management, liquid waste management, liquid feed, renewable fuels, and de-packaging companies.
- Negotiate for and implement contractual arrangements with strategic accounts and service providers.
- Work cross functionally to coordinate action plans and ensure key functions are working to support Sustainable Solutions initiatives, including manufacturing, logistics, accounting, and sales teams.
- Work with R & D and operations to innovate new products, processes, and platforms around strategic vendor raw materials and organic food byproduct waste streams.
- Support accounting process and ensure proper invoicing from service providers and customers.
- Perform related tasks as requested, grow into additional responsibilities.
- Position is based at our company headquarters located in Fenton, MO.
- Bachelor degree required, Master Degree preferred.
- 5+ year experience managing customer relationships in the Food, Feed, or Agriculture industry
- 3+ year experience purchasing Feed / Food industry ingredients or related agriculture experience
- Exceptional interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Excellent writing and communication skills.
- Self-starter, ambitious.
- Technical / scientific bias, intellectual curiosity.
- Advanced Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, Power Point user.
- Willingness to travel up to 25%.