Full Cycle Bioplastics is a mission-driven startup company. We make biodegradable, compostable plastic alternatives using organic waste. We’re scaling our solution now to contribute significantly to solving the global issues of plastics waste and greenhouse gas emissions.
We are seeking candidates for the critical role of Director of Operations to support our rapid growth. Our team comes first, so we’re looking candidates who share our values of teamwork, humility and empathy, clear communication, respect for the individual, urgency without frenzy, and personal accountability.
The Director of Operations plays a key leadership role, responsible for the development and enhancement of operational excellence as the company’s production capabilities scale. This is the most senior operations position within the company and will be a core member of the management team. The responsibilities are wide-ranging, requiring flexibility, adaptability, and a high degree of personal initiative and accountability.
The Director of Operations serves as the project manager for new facility construction projects, develops operation and maintenance (O&M) programs and collateral, leads the delivery of O&M Services based upon customer agreements, and provides support services to Full Cycle’s R&D operations.
The Director of Operations reports to the CEO and works under the technical direction of the CTO. The position covers a broad range of activities - Project Management, Operations Administration, Manufacturing, Supply Chain, Manufacturing Engineering, R&D, and Quality Control.
The Director of Operations is responsible for activities across multiple California locations, including our Richmond office, Albany laboratory, and facility operations in Mountain View and future locations.
Activities may include, but are not limited to:
Project Management and Facility Start Up Support at Pilot and Demo Facilities
• Serve as the main contact point for Customer Pilot Execution
• Coordinate engineering and procurement support
• Lead construction and installation activities
• Direct commissioning efforts
• Oversee the efficient operation of the services detailed in customers’ Operation & Maintenance agreements
• Train, develop and direct locally hired (customer) facility personnel
• Track and report progress for billing/invoicing/project cost management.
• Support the CEO and CTO in initial plant construction, installation, commissioning, and the establishment of core operating policies procedures, GMPs, permits, etc.
Engineering & Procurement Support
• Collaborate with the CTO to minimize lags in engineering and equipment procurement for facility installations
• Establish programs and manage the timely and cost-effective procurement of consumables for lab, pilot, and customer installations
Quality Control & Reporting
• Develop and document appropriate manufacturing and quality metrics to ensure efficient operation of customer installations
• Collect data and perform analytical testing as required to ensure on-spec production of materials
• Develop and provide regular operations and quality reports.
Manufacturing Management / Systems Development
• Develop and implement systems, processes, procedures, transactions, controls, and reporting necessary to ensure safe, on-spec, on-time, on-cost production.
• Direct and coordinate programs essential to institutionalizing manufacturing procedures and provide organizational collateral for future Full Cycle technology licensing packages (e.g. training, safety, housekeeping, cost reduction, worker involvement, security, etc.)
• Collaborate with the CTO to accomplish technology scale-up and production goals
• Establish working relationships with and between internal personnel and external partners
Pilot Facility Operation & Maintenance Oversight
• Collaborate with 3rd party suppliers to develop a preventive maintenance program
• Oversee and administer 3rd party maintenance activities at customer installations
Other Duties as Assigned People Matters
• HR & Personnel Support - provide Operations and R&D departments with the necessary support in recruiting, hiring, and training of required staff
• Staffing - schedule appropriate operations staff at customer installations
Competitive pay will be offered commensurate with qualifications.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Full Cycle Bioplastics is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- 5 or more years of experience in program, project, production, or operations management.
- Prior experience in Food/Beverage/Biotech/Fermentation or Waste industries a plus.
- Industrial and/or process industry experience preferred.
- Previous experience with new plant construction, start-up, and technology scale-up preferred.
- Prior experience with facilities maintenance such as electrical, HVAC systems, etc. preferred.
- Willingness to work flexible shift schedule as needed
- Demonstrated understanding of continuous manufacturing processes.
- Understanding of general manufacturing principles and food safety systems.
- Bachelor’s degree required, business or science related preferred. Equivalent experience considered. Master’s degree a plus.
Please include a resume and indicate that you saw the job posting on Waste Dive.