The Thurston County Public Works Department, located in Olympia, Washington, is recruiting for a Solid Waste Manager. This position is a direct report to the Public Works Director and plays a key role serving on the Department's Leadership Team. We are seeking a proven professional with a detailed work history in Solid Waste who will be able to support the County's mission to create a community that promotes health, commerce, and environmental protection with transparency and accountability by:
- Planning, developing, and maintaining solid waste infrastructure and services;
- Providing leadership in environmental stewardship by meeting regulatory requirements and making use of best technologies for solid waste operations, and;
- Strategically managing the allocation of resources to achieve customer and community expectations.
Responsibilities include the management and administration for the County's Hawks Prairie Transfer Station and long-haul contract; Waste Reduction/Recycling Programs; and maintenance of all environmental facilities at the Hawks Prairie Solid Waste & Recovery Center.
For a COMPREHENSIVE job description, application requirements AND to apply, click HERE.
- Bachelor's degree in an environmental field, public administration or related field.
- Four years progressive experience in solid waste, contract management, community relations and resource protection, with at least three years of supervisory experience.
- Ability to use a personal computer and applicable software packages to perform essential job functions.
- Current Washington State Driver's License or have requested and obtained an appropriate accommodation.