Every year, Industry Dive recognizes some of the top people, companies, groups and events that helped shape the sectors it covers. In 2019, Waste Dive highlighted this work across multiple categories. Now, we're doing so again and calling for your submissions to help start the process. Industry Dive's theme for the 2020 awards, recognizing this year's challenging events, is "leadership in a time of crisis."
This year's categories will be:
- Person of the Year (Any person or group of people working in the United States waste and recycling industry during 2020)
- Organization of the Year (Any company, trade group, nonprofit or other organization active in the U.S. waste and recycling industry during 2020)
- ESG Action of the Year (Any action taken during 2020 to advance tangible progress on environmental, social and governance goals. Possible examples include new ESG or sustainability targets for emissions reduction, racial equity initiatives, community relations efforts, major capital expenditures and relevant government policy changes.)
How the process works
- Submit your nominations via this form any time until 12 p.m. ET on Sept. 28. People or groups can nominate themselves. Email addresses are required for all submissions. All information will be confidential.
- Waste Dive staff will review the information submitted and follow up for clarification as needed.
- Waste Dive staff will evaluate reader preferences, consult confidentially with industry sources and make a final assessment.
- Nominees selected will be contacted by mid-October at the latest and asked to schedule interviews for profile stories.
- The Waste Dive Award profile stories will be published in December.
Frequently asked questions
Can my organization submit in more than one category? Please feel free to do so, but ensure your submission information is substantive in each category.
What if I don't have answers to all questions in the form? We encourage you to include as much information as possible and consult with your nominees if necessary to secure that information. If you do not have all the necessary information, you may leave the box blank, but incomplete submissions may not receive full consideration.
Who will see these submissions? Information submitted will be confidential and available to select members of the Industry Dive editorial team.
Which industry sources will be consulted? As with all of our reporting, Waste Dive will draw on trusted sources across different subject areas to gauge their opinions on finalists. People or groups that are nominated will not be consulted as sources in their respective categories.
What if I have additional questions? Please email us at [email protected]