- TerraCycle, a privately-held recycling company based in Trenton, New Jersey, has expanded its territory to include New Zealand.
- The company is working with chocolate giant Cadbury to collect waste from the candy company's products. Used wrappers can be mailed in, and for each shipment weighing 2.5 kg or more, Cadbury owner Mondelez will donate two cents to a non-profit or educational institution.
- TerraCycle plans to collaborate with other companies such as Colgate and Nespresso in the near future. According to the New Zealand Herald, the company has its sights set on expanding into Japan and South Korea in the future.
TerraCycle reported $20 million in annual revenue for 2013. 60% of this came from brands, cities and people seeking recycling services from a specialty provider, while the remaining 40% was generated through the sale of repurposed products and recyclables. Last fall, TerraCycle partnered with the city of Vancouver to start the "Cigarette Waste Brigade," a cigarette butt recycling program. In January, Progressive Waste announced it had acquired almost 20% in the growing company.