- Wastequip, a manufacturer of waste and recycling equipment, is launching a compactor for handling dry waste that is designed for businesses such as supermarkets, shopping malls, hospitals, office buildings, and retail establishments.
- The new 245IP Precision Series Compactor is the third model in the company’s compactor line, following 265XP and 26IP. The newest roll out has a 2-cubic yard charge box for space efficiency as well as other features the company said are tested and "deemed most important by end users."
- Each of the three Precision Series compactors have the following features:
- A 24-volt Guardian Control System with Automatic Maintenance Scheduling, and Watch Dog timer to prevent motor burnout
- Heavy duty ratchet binders with thick hooks and greasable fittings for durability
- Controls with a push-button start
- Protection against dust and water
- Ultra-high molecular weight (UHMW) precision-guided ram with gliding motion to extend life among other features
As technologies and innovation in the industry begin to expand, so does the equipment that companies are developing. New compactors, balers, and sorters have all made the task of recycling and waste disposal more efficient and safe.
"We’re confident that we’re bringing the world’s best compactors to market," said Kirk Warren, product manager for Wastequip’s containers and compactors division. "After carrying out exhaustive research and competitive benchmarking, we invested in designing the Precision Series line as a family of application-specific compactors. This new model is compact, and is perfect for handling dry waste."